Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Reptiles and flmmaking

Follow me on Twitter! Subscribe to my Youtube! So it has been 8 years since my last update and I am a little closer to my film making goals.
5 years ago I wrote a script for a short film, How Not to Hide a Dead Body. Everyone that has read the script has seemed to really enjoy it. This film however has really turned into a dead albatross around my neck. Trying to produce that has been a pain. I always seem to be missing one of the following. Cast/Crew/Money/Time/Locations. However this year I made real progress. Let me go back in time for a bit.

 A few years ago I joined a random group for a 48 hour film project. I became friends with the group leader Brandy and have helped her on several projects. She is a fantastic producer and is able to wrangle of cast and crew in a way that I am unable to. We were actually supposed to film this past weekend. I had to cancel the shoot because of the whole Covid 19 craziness that's going on. Brandy and I decided to postpone the shoot to October. Am I dejected? Absolutely, but the way I look at it, it's more time to collaborate with my creative team to come up with an the best plan possible for the shoot. Brandy, my DP Matt, and myself will be heading out to the filming locations sometime over the next few weeks.

Other things I have done to support my film goals. I've worked as a gaffer/PA/DP/Grip on several film projects over the past couple years. I even had a couple of paid gigs. I've written several short scripts that I hope to film once How Not to Hide a Dead Body is filmed. I'm currently writing a script for a thriller/drama that has me excited. I've also outlined several ideas for horror features I've had including a film about a meth addicted alligator as well as a horror movie featuring a Sasquatch that is unlike any other Sasquatch movie made. I'm also outlining an idea for a Miyazaki inspired kaiju film. I only want to shoot a handful of shorts. My long term goals are features, specifically giant monster films.

I've also started a YouTube channel. The Youtube channel has nothing to do with film, and everything to do with reptiles. Growing up, I had all sorts of snakes, turtles and lizards. I got out of the hobby due to college. About 3 years ago I picked up a corn snake I named Frankie.  Before I knew it, I had 14 snakes, a turtle and a bearded dragon. Since people ask me about my animals all the time, I converted my Youtube channel into a reptile channel. I just broke a 100 subscribers. It's not much but it's a start. During all this downtime due to the virus, I've been working on these reptile videos. If you are interested in reptiles, subscribe to my channel for cool content. Here is my latest video of my water snake Zeus eating!

With luck I will post more often than every 10 years lol Have a nice day!


1 comment: